EXCLUSIVE FDA EVENT!!! EXCLUSIVE AUTUMN FILM SHOWCASE...

07:11:00

Hello My Lovely, 

SORRY! I know I said that I would be posting about this event as soon as possible ages ago but I was just so tired after University and when I got home I had so much to blog about that I didn't want to get this wrong by doing it quickly. So I am doing it now and I hope you all enjoy it :) 

After University on Tuesday I went to an event run by Yahoo!, Movie Showcase Network and Show Film First. The event was a huge success from start to finish and I can honestly say it was a lot of fun.  From the moment me and my friend Amy walked into the room we were treated like VIP'S, which we were according to our passes aha and I cannot thank the companies enough for letting us be them!










Let me just tell you a little bit more about the event before I continue with what I did at the event. Held on the 24th of September, the event marked the launch of over 150 new films which will be presented on our cinema screens throughout October, right up until December. It is also the most important time for cinema goers as it sees the launch of many of the films that will become award nominees. 

From ambitious British films to the most exciting Hollywood Blockbusters, all of the films this autumn are highlighting the modernistic cinematic storytelling that makes a great film. Cinema goers can expect to see the work of Kenneth Branagh, Ridley Scott, Stephen Frears, Paul Greengrass, Joel and Ethan Coen, Spike Lee, Peter Jackson, Alexander Payne, plus three brand new British directors, Kieran Evans, Jeremy Lovering and Paul Wright. 

The autumn/winter line-up includes some of most exciting films including 'Thor 2: The Dark World', 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug', '47 Ronin', all of which leading you guys into each of the different fantasy worlds. 

However it’s not all about the fantasy genre, with humour coming think and fast this year, especially from British film makers. With the likes of 'The Harry Hill Movie', 'One Chance' and the 'Powder Room', British wit is going to be on top form in the next couple of months. Although not to be beaten, the US have also produced some incredible features, including the return of the best newsreader in the world in 'Anchorman 2', as well as 'The Delivery Man', 'Girl Most Likely', 'Bad Grandpa' the latest in the Jackass franchise and 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty'.

Romance is also taking over the screens again in the autumn and winter months with 'Love Punch' and 'Austenland' being huge ones to watch, but you must not forget that 'Filth' and 'The Family' are also going to be donning are screens, which means that it is not all romantic aha!

It also seems like 'Homeland' has made a lot of directors take on board what to portray on the big screen to get audiences to flock to see their films, with Bill Condon's 'The Fifth Estate', brand new thriller 'Closed Circuit' and the film that every festival wants 'Captain Phillips'. And we must not 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' which is going to bring such a fresh new look to November!

I have already touched on this before; British cinema is going to stand strong this autumn and winter, as it presents some of the best fresh faces along with some of the best directors around. On your cinema screens the British are unleashing over 30 films including, 'In Fear', 'How I Live Now', 'The Selfish Giant', '47 Ronin', 'The Counsellor', 'Dom Hemingway', 'Philomena', 'Powder Room', 'Love Tomorrow', 'Gravity', 'Jack Ryan' and the documentary, 'In Real Life'. Look out for these films as I would not want to be left in the dark when everyone is talking about them. 

Now back to my experience aha! Upon arriving we were treated to food and drinks, as well as being handed the sheet which we would need to use for the event's incredible 'Quotes Quiz', while we waited for the lovely Alex Zane to start the event. He was very witty when he entered the building and made everyone at ease with each other right from the word go.



Once everyone was settled and the guest speakers had completed their pieces, it was time to get down to the quiz. I think we did pretty well although we didn't win, but we had an incredible team! It was out of 40 and me and my friend Amy worked it out that we must have got about 28, one off the 3rd place team, so we were pretty close aha! 

After the quiz had taken place we were on to the pretty hard stuff which was looking at all the different films that are coming out between October to December, before the showcase narrowed down the top ten films for each month. 

I managed to capture a few of the films that they were highlighting and I thought I would share them with you all...

So ones to watch out for in October are...
  • Thor: The Dark World 
  • Sunshine On Leith - A big one to watch this autumn
  • Le-Week-Ed
  • Emperor
  • One Chance
  • Captain Phillips - Starring Tom Hanks, this is the opening film at this years London Film Festival!
  • The Crash Reel
  • The Fifth Estate














And now for the ones to watch out for in November...
  • The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
  • Closed Circuit
  • The Counsellor
  • Gravity
  • Saving Mr. Banks
  • Seduced and Abandoned - Selected at  Cannes Film Festival 
  • Blue is the Warmest Colour
  • Last Vegas
  • Kill Your Darlings
  • Philomena - Based on a true story and definitely meant to be a hit at this years award season!




















As well as these films to look out for this December...
  • The Hobbit: The Desolution of Smaug  - In 3D
  • Frozen - A brilliant new animation full of trolls and reindeer's
  • Jack Ryan: Shadow One - New film from Kenneth Branagh
  • Nebraska - One to watch at next years award season!
  • August: Orange County
  • Anchorman 2
  • The Delivery Man
  • Old Boy - New remake of the original!
  • The Harry Hill Movie
  • The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty - Ben Stiller directs himself in this one alongside Kristen Wigg!
  • And finally some British films, you do not want to miss...
  • Don Hemingway - Out in November and stars Jude Law and Richard E Grant
  • Those In Peril
  • In Fear - Looks like a brilliant horror film!


While I was at the event I also did a little video for you guys about some of the films that I liked the look of. It's not very long and its very bad as I am not a very good public speaker but I hope you like the little montage of all the films coming your way at the end of it :) Take a look...



I don't have much else to say about the event apart from how good do all those films look, that are going to be released! I cannot wait to see so many of them but the one that shines the brightest is of course 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire'.

Let me know which ones you like the look of over on Twitter at @LetsStartNow18


Until Next Time...
Joey xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments