MY MARCH FAVOURITES...

23:33:00

Hey Lovelies, 

After last month’s favourite post, I have decided to continue to do them because I really enjoyed looking back and seeing the things that made my month. I enjoy reading what everyone is doing or enjoying on other posts, as it sometimes inspires me to go and do something or find an item or watch/hear/see something and I hope that this post will as well! 

There is a lot of randomness in this post, but I wanted to show you all what had made March such an epic month. From films to live shows it was a great month and I want to relive it all again already aha! 

Enjoy lovelies…

Film: Cinderella: This film made me feel like a little kid again from the moment it began until the moment it ended. I was a huge fan of Disney films when I was little and while ‘Cinderella’ wasn’t my favourite, I had a certain love for her, which this new modern feature has revived and made my film of the month. If you have seen the film or not, you should go and see the exhibition in London that goes with it, because the dresses may look stunning on screen, but they are even prettier in real life!



TV Show: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: As soon as I started watching this show when it came out, I automatically knew that it was going to be one that I would lose my weekend to and so I did. I was left feeling very lost when I finished it, however I found myself still singing the theme song for a long time after it had ended. My new hero Titus needs to be back in my life very soon! Now all together “Unbreakable they alive…”…



Music/Live Show: Sam Smith and Kwabs at O2 Brixton Academy: There is a special place in my heart for music and when a musician captures it I have to experience them live. However nothing could prepare me for the epic Sam Smith and his support act Kwabs, as the pair took to the stage on Thursday night at Brixton Academy. I turned into a fangirl as soon as the lights went down and I still haven’t gotten over it. I want to meet the man who has changed my life so much but if I ever did I think I would just fall over in awe, because he managed to share his story and the stories behind his songs while on stage in a way that I will never forget. 



Books: Red Queen, The Manifesto on How to Be Interesting, Since You’ve Been Gone:  This month I have read a number of amazing books due to my train journey’s, but there are three that really stood out to me. ‘Red Queen’ by Victoria Aveyard, which restored my faith in science fiction and introduce to me a new leading female figure, that matches up to Katniss Everdeen, but in her own way, that will excite many readers. The Manifesto on How to be Interesting by Holly Bourne, showed me that you can be anyone you want to be, and even those in school who you feel are perfect aren’t. We all have our problems and they should all be dealt with. And ‘Since You’ve Been Gone’ by Morgan Matson, which made me long for summer and fun, with my friends, as you follow the trail of a friend looking for her best friend while completing a series of tasks left by her. Definitely pick one of these up lovelies! 



Exhibition: Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty at the V&A Museum: Have you ever been in a room full of work by someone you admire? The feeling your heart gets and the way your mind can’t take in everything because of it? That’s what I had when I entered the Savage Beauty exhibition at the V&A, as I embraced the work of one of the greatest designers of all time. I have been a huge fan of McQueen for a long time and this exhibition is probably the closest I will get to see an item in the flesh, so it was even more special to me that it was pieces that had been made by the man himself. The rooms were perfect to the way he had imagined the pieces and the one that I will never get over my head is the first room you enter, in which you hear his voice and the famous laugh, the closet room featuring so many pieces you mind won’t be able to keep up and the room featuring his last catwalk, which still seems so fresh. It will be an experience I will never forget. 



Product: Bonjela: This may seem like the most stupid product to place on here, but honestly the past week this has been my life saver as I have struggled with a terrible toothache from a huge ulcer in my mouth. It is now finally disappearing, but I have to thank this stuff for making sure I didn’t climb the walls that I felt like doing a lot aha! 



These items have made my March incredible and when I look back it this month, I have done and seen and experienced some things that I will never forget and I can’t wait to see what April brings to the table, because it has a lot to contend with! 


Although from the way this week is going I can already tell it is going to be great! Well I hope aha! 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments