OUTLANDER EPISODE ONE REVIEW...

20:05:00

Hey Lovelies, 

On Friday I got a moment to sit down and enjoy the first episode of ‘Outlander’ and while I am about to start watching the second one, I can tell you all that I am already hooked!

When I watch the first episode of a show I try to always give it the benefit of the doubt, because I know that a series can take a while to develop. However after a slow ten or so minutes, this show picked up straight away and I was hooked into the world. Knowing what was going to happen from reading the synopsis made me excited for when it was going to happen and when it did, it was perfect. 

The leading characters are able to hook us in, especially Clare as she travels between the two worlds and introduces us to the base of the plot. While her world with her husband is interesting, I found myself already looking for the Scottish swoon worthy figure from the beginning, who was going to change the dynamic of it from the moment he arrives on screen. Appearing first as an apparition figure and later in his kilted glory! 

Fans of action and period dramas will be able to sink their teeth into this show with ease, as it has something in it for everyone. The makers don’t hold back on the gore from the moment it begins and I have to say it was a bad move on my part to eat my dinner while watching as they performed open leg surgery in which you see bone. Won’t be doing that again aha. 

Overall this show is definitely becoming a must watch and I will be catching an episode every day of this to make sure that I am prepared for the next lot of episodes, which I know I won’t be able to sit and wait for patiently. You will probably find me begging for them as soon as I finish all of these episodes aha. 

Therefore the first episode of the show has landed itself this…

5 Stars

I know this isn’t a huge review of the show but I wanted to give you my first thoughts on the show before I review the whole series. I don’t know if I will continue to review each episode or the whole series once it I have watched all eight of these episodes; however I will let you know! 

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments