LOWKEY FILMS LATEST SHORT INFINITE REVIEW...

18:44:00

Good Morning Lovelies, 

A few weeks ago I was sent a lovely email from the team at Lowkey Films asking me if I would like to watch their short film, ‘Infinite’, the latest project from them. After being seriously impressed by their previous production, I wanted to spend a lot of time dedicated to the film and so I was a bit of a poo and only just got round to watching it. But it was worth the wait lovelies. 


Starring George Mackay, Elliot James, Langridge, Rory J. Saper and Alex Esmail, the film follows a group of friends as they learn to deal with the dying friend and the memories they want to make that will last with them forever before he goes. 

The film has a feel about it that reminds me of ‘Skins’, with the raw off set and coming of age elements. The men in the film are young and innocent, but faced with a traumatic moment that only friends like these could solve. 

As the young directors and the Oscar winning team come together, it is easy to see that the film isn’t just a short film but a passion project to. They have presented a project that has a lot of love built into it and this is projected throughout. The young friends are relatable and the things they do are to. When the film is screened at festivals I honestly feel they will see this to. 

When speaking about the film, one of the directors, Connor O’Hara stated, “I wrote the story as a homage to my close friends who came together to support me through a hard time in my life. What I couldn’t envisage was that while writing the script, one of my friends passed away making the narrative of Infinite similar to the narrative that was happening in my real life outside of film. I used this experience to access the exact dialogue and reactions of my friends who are all 21 and the same age as the characters from Infinite.” 

When you hear this lovelies it makes the film so much more worthy of being shared. Not that it wasn’t before, but the festivals mentioned before will be gifted with a beautiful feature with a lot of emotion behind it lovelies. Emotion that the world will be able to connect with and enjoy as well. 

Which is why I am giving the film…

5 Stars

Blog Soon, 
Joey X

To keep up to date with all the latest news from the blog, follow it on Twitter @LetsStartNow18 :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments