Peaky Blinders or GLOW? Here Are My Top TV Shows Of 2017...

14:00:00



Good Afternoon Lovelies,

TV shows have never been as good as they were in 2017.  In many ways, 2017 was the year of the TV show and as we enter 2018, I am sure we have lots more to look forward to! Before we go into a whole new year, however, I thought now would be the perfect time to share my favourite shows from 2017.

Let the binge-watching continue…

Peaky Blinders: My favourite show on TV returned and what a season it was. From the first episodes shocking character death to the final episode’s plot twist of an ending, the fourth season of Peaky Blinders brought laughs, sadness and ultimate epic-ness.


Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: The third season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend has been the best season so far. Tackling hard subjects about mental health, the songs and direction in which the episodes have gone in will have earned it some award nominations.


GLOW: Female wrestlers who look cool and compete in epic fights, what more could you want? There is so much about GLOW that I could talk about, but this series truly did show that girl power is on top form in the entertainment industry in epic ways.


Outlander: Season three to me has been the best season out of the lot. I have loved every minute, including the waiting for Jamie and Clare to be reunited. If there was ever a sci-fi/historical romance to fall under its spell on, it is definitely Outlander, which just keeps getting better and better.


Stranger Things: The 80s returned with so much style, even the real 80s didn’t know what to do with it. From Steve becoming the ultimate parent/babysitter/monster killer to the epic relationship between Eleven and Hopper (we will forget the Eleven episode!), this season proved that the Upside Down is nowhere near finished messing with us and I am kind of glad! Bring on season three ASAP.


13 Reasons Why: This show was probably one of the toughest shows to watch this year and the final episode really does make you think a lot. Once you start viewing it, you won’t be able to stop until you know how each character is involved and many of them I will warn you-you will want to punch in the end. Just saying!


Girlboss: I am not afraid to admit that I binge watched all of this in one day. Whilst at work. I loved every episode that flowed much like Gossip Girl and The OC did, so much so that I was sad when it was announced that it had been cancelled.  If you haven’t seen it yet, I suggest watching it more slowly to take it all in.


The Crown: With the second season focusing more on Prince Phillip and his past, the show took a very interesting turn, as it explored his time away from the Queen. Whether you believe what you are seeing or not, this show has me hooked from the moment it starts to the moment it ends. It is like the royal reality TV that we will probably never get.


Rick and Morty: I stumbled across this after seeing lots of references to it on and offline. Having now binged the lot, I am officially obsessed with the characters and their ways. It reminds me of South Park on, so many levels and Rick is a new hero of mine.


Orange Is The New Black: The fourth season was probably one of the most awaited seasons of all time. After a very upsetting leak, Netflix released all the episodes at once, which took place over three days. The riot continued, the characters were conflicted, the show was brilliant, and the battle hasn’t even ended yet!


What were your favourite TV shows of 2018 lovelies? Let me know!

Blog Soon,

Joey X 

You Might Also Like

0 comments